Lake Gordon new year hot start

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Lake Gordon new year hot start

Post by FLASH » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:25 am

Not a late night or drunken new years eve ready for the new day . I was meeting a couple a mates up at lake gordon on the 1st and the drive was not going to be a hungover one . Warm morning and im packed and ready for a couple a good nights . Headed out to clear hill to fish the river were no one was gunna be . Nope i did manage to find some revellers still partying from the previous night . Camped on the boat ramp too! They were fine and asked did i want them to move but i opted for another ramp . Stinken hot day so i headed back to the first ramp after i put the boat in for a swim and a beer with the partygoers . They were nice people and enjoyed a beer with no hassles as i did too .i went back to my camp and headed out for a fish in Pokana bay with not much but a handfull of Redfine Perch to keep me going . Still stinken hot i headed back to camp early arvo for a swim and another beer . My mate piggy was there unloading his boat and wanted to get started . so the two of us in his boat we headed up the gordon river to drift spin . To hot for shallow divers so in go the deep divers for me in the home made fashion as piggy through the lot at them . I had three fish of good size two real slabby though and released them all .We got to the mouth for a drift for nothing and moved upstream for some action in this prehistoric land . No trout but a handfull of reddies to keep us interested . Dark came on us fast as we headed back to camp . We didnt leave a light on and the growth in that area was thick as we found that finding the camp was problematic . We knew it was there some where we couldnt see it . Midnight came up as we finally found the glimmer of my boat in the scrub. A few more bevvies and the next thing it was daylight . In the boat and back to the gordon for another spin , Not much happening on the home made or the bought stuff at that point . Thinking of heading back in the heat i some how managed to nail a very hungry slabby looking trout at the boat . THAT WAS IT . The fish were off and we were hot . The desicion was made to get to pedder and have a coldie at the chalea . Top spot that and while we were there we booked our accomadation for the back to pedder comp on Austalia day and weekend . Cheep and comfortable too . Nice pub with great meals . .We headed out to sprent basin for another fish and nights camp for no fish at all . Still worth a cruze in the boat with som fantastic veiws . This trip was suppose to be pumpin with fish but we cant always have it our way . Great trip though and i will get back to the gordon on another not so hot weekend .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fishing the tasmanian streams is more a passion then a sport , My wife thinks its an affair.

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Re: Lake Gordon new year hot start

Post by FLASH » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:35 am

A couple more pics
IMGP2974.JPG
IMGP2972.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fishing the tasmanian streams is more a passion then a sport , My wife thinks its an affair.

SNAFU
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Re: Lake Gordon new year hot start

Post by SNAFU » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:23 am

Nice read there flash,pity about the hot weather for you guys...didn't know you got hot weather in tassie..hahah....look forward to your report after your aussie day adventure mate...Beautifull scenery also mate...

SNAF!!!

Return to “FRESHWATER HARDBODY LURES YOUR CATCHES Fishing pictures”