Re: Brown trout

Post by Mully » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:50 am

welcome back mate thats a serious trout well done top picture clapclap

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:12 am

Very beautiful fish , ....congratulations thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie !

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

svirac
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by svirac » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:30 pm

Thanks ... howdy

Very interesting is that this guy wanted something totally unusual for trout, Monarch Dok Nemo 7 cm, banana yellow ....
I chased him for three nights and offered him 30 different trout lures at least..... no way Hoze!!!???

WRAPPER
Rookie
Rookie

Post by WRAPPER » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:07 pm

going out next Tuesday after trout in small rivers in Vic has anyone any tips for me as its been years since l targeted trout
thanks guys wrapper

Mzuri3
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mzuri3 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Great trout Svirac, I do envy you on such a great capture. droolsmilie

Your chosen lure colour is my favourite Rapala CD5 Minnow colour for use in the Goulburn River and other Vic waterways. thumbsupsmilie

It's a pity that the colour is so rare on the shelves these days. Last Tuesday and Wednesday I caught a few decent rainbows and a decent brown using the Rapala CD5 in the silver fluorescent chartreuse colour (SFC). Natural colours failed to attract in the stained overcast waters due to recent rains.

Hey Wrapper, if you are heading out to the Vic Rivers, the Goulburn River downstream of Molesworth was as thick as pea soup. I am unsure what river you are fishing, but be prepared to fish bright fluoro colours like the colour mentioned above, or a fire tiger colouring if it's dirty.

Take a mixture of natural colour and fluoro colour minnow patterns, preferably no longer than 5 centimetres. I swear by Rapala 3cm and 5cm minnows, as they always work for me, so why change what works. Natural colourings can be used in the clear water high up in the mountain streams.

Yo Zuri Pinns Minnows are also a favourite for ultra light presentations, and Rebel 6cm jointed minnows are great too, as they are the only trout lure over 5cm that I may use in the rivers.

If the water is like pea soup, take some bait as backup, but don't be turned off lure casting, as you will discover that the shallow running gravel beds will still have some lure visibility (unlike the muddy long slow pools).

Also you can never go wrong with Celta, or Jensen insect type lures, the only downfall being the dreaded line twist, that's even with a keel on the line above.

Forgot to mention that Garlic scent is extremely helpful when smeared on your lures. You may stink like garlic bread afterwards, but at least you will have a higher chance of getting a fish.

Wish you the best

Robin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WRAPPER
Rookie
Rookie

Post by WRAPPER » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:35 am

mzuri3 thanks for the advice clapclap lm thinking of heading up the King river Tuesday see how l go
wrapper

Tyenna Dave
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tyenna Dave » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Nice 1 Svirac !
clapclap
That is a munter fish even in Tas !
Love his pale complextion .Very good looking fish droolsmilie
Not a bad Bow there either Mzuri3 thumbsupsmilie
Dave ...

Mzuri3
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mzuri3 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:26 pm

Thanks Dave, but I reckon you could use my rainbow as live bait for the trout that Svirac and yourself have been catching. thumbsupsmilie

Regards

Robin

svirac
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by svirac » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:22 am

I didn't mentioned .... this fish is caught in river called Miljacka running trough town Sarajevo (Bosnia), nobody could believe that this size fish is living there. Nobody but me and few of my friends ... hehe.

a little bit more photos ...

the last one is not from Miljacka river

Return to “FRESHWATER HARDBODY LURES YOUR CATCHES Fishing pictures”