Bassday Sugapen

zac08
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Bassday Sugapen

Post by zac08 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:57 pm

This is one lure which is also on my hot list. Although this is a sinking walk the dog lure, it can be still made to walk right on the surface with a slightly faster retrieve. I am on the lookout for the floating and slightly lighter version but to no avail yet.

This snakehead attacked the lure after it sank right into the strike zone.

And this one week later, it seems like the same fish which struck the same model lure in a different colour, but as soon as it landed on the water.

zac08
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Re: Bassday Sugapen

Post by zac08 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:00 pm

This needlefish or todak as we call them locally attacked this lure in yet another different colouration

I got about 10 strikes that short fishing session. All missed hookup except for this above mentioned fella. Pobably not it's day after-all... all fishes released to fight another day...

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:55 am

They are a top lure in the GC canals as well .... think there are both sinking and floating versions, however will have to check lol
Cheers Rob

zac08
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by zac08 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:00 am

Yeah... I know there are floating and sinking versions from their website. But sadly, the local shop over here only brought in the sinking version, so I am currently stuck with them for now.

I tried to order some from another online shop, but they did not revert.

zac08
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by zac08 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:02 am

Another needlefish bit the lure and I guess bit the dust as well....

It was hooked badly and even after I tried to revive it in the water, it only sat there breathing heavily... no idea if it managed to survive though, I left the place as I only had a short time to spend for my lunch fishing hour.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:58 am

zac08 wrote:Yeah... I know there are floating and sinking versions from their website. But sadly, the local shop over here only brought in the sinking version, so I am currently stuck with them for now.

I tried to order some from another online shop, but they did not revert.

We got both versions from Johshuya's in Tokyo .... don't know if they do web orders cause I can't read Japanese lol crazysmilie

www.johshuya.co.jp
Cheers Rob

zac08
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by zac08 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:24 am

Thanks but I don't do japanese as well...

and the shipping should be not a small figure anyway... -duh

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:39 pm

love those lures and the towadi also 2 must haves for me when surface and sub surface bream fishing.Not much wont take then actually been meaning to throw the silver towadi at some trout and the sugapens.Have you tried the mebapen another winner in my eyes ,sooooo much lure candy droolsmilie

zac08
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by zac08 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:42 am

Tell me about it....

and I am planning to order in more lures (Luckycrafts)... There is a online store (in ebay) in US which does free shipping if u get more than 3 lures. shipping does take a long time, but it comes as ordered and well... droolsmilie

Return to “SURFACE LURES TOPWATER LURES POPPERS ETC”