Poppers

simon bruce
Master
Master

Poppers

Post by simon bruce » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:36 pm

Heres the aftermath of throwing poppers at spanish mackerel for a few days.

This one survived, just
Dumbell Side.jpg
Too hectic to stop and take many photos
Dumbell Bottom.jpg
Single barbless hooks did the job and made unhooking a lot safer and quicker
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fizza

Re: Poppers

Post by Fizza » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:17 pm

Gotta luv them spaniards, tackle killers

thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

What reels do ya use as they can destroy the best of them?

skky skky skky skky skky

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:39 am

I was using a Morethan Branzino with 20lb braid on a Millerod Stilleto my heavy gear that got a run was a Twin Power 6000 on a T Curve 10-15kg. There was a Daiwa dorado/Saltiga 4500 combo used to good effect as well as a Daiwa Certate 3500HD on a T curve power spin 5-8kg.

The sound of a reel on max drag when a shark got onto the fact that there was a fish in trouble was awesome.

There were so many spaniards that floating ures that had been bitten off were being sighted still floating but they would disappear every now and then.

If they went off the bite it was a matter of throwing out a deep diver and retrieving or going for a quick troll to find them again and get the poppers or stickbaits going.

One of the other guys had a sailfish smash a stickbait about 3m from the boat, chewed on it for a good 30secs but didn't get a hookup.

Same bloke banged one on fly.

I vivdly recall one retrieve getting hit into the air by one fish from the side and having another coming at the lure from behind before it hit the water.

bass_n_b.o.b

Post by bass_n_b.o.b » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:28 am

NO MORE BRO im getting a stiffy ..... lol lol thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie lol lol

Return to “SURFACE LURES TOPWATER LURES POPPERS ETC”