Bream on surface lures your pics

tacklerat
Expert
Expert

Bream on surface lures your pics

Post by tacklerat » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:02 pm

Hi guys with all the whiting action it has been a while since I targeted bream so today gave it a bash not great results but still fun,which lures are you guys throwing at bream feeding on the surface?
100_0030.JPG
today the PX prawn got me this scrapper,cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Falky
Master
Master

Re: Bream on surface lures your pics

Post by Falky » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:40 am

great pic tacklerat thumbsupsmilie good job

Adam

Craig
Master
Master

Post by Craig » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:18 am

A white Teeny Torpedo, around the cafe's on the water at Noosa.
Throw them in among the chips the diners throw out.
Only catch tackers doing this, and I mean small by Qld standards. Don't know what you Croweaters would call them, fry ?
Tagged and Released

tacklerat
Expert
Expert

Post by tacklerat » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:41 am

Hi guys, the teenys get a bit of a go here in the canals probably not as popular as they once were but still do the job so so many to choose from droolsmilie cheers

tacklerat
Expert
Expert

Post by tacklerat » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:09 pm

Hi guys, took the better half out yesterday for a quick bream flick ended up having a great session mostly on surface,used the kerrols and also the cheapie imitation got fish on both,when it quietened down threw some divers and picked up a few more heres some pics
100_0001.JPG
100_0002.JPG
100_0005.JPG
100_0006.JPG
100_0007.JPG
cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Hey TR,
Nice Breambo's but thats usual down there in Oyster Central susssmilie

My fav Bream topwaters are,
In skinny water or in close to pontoons ets, I can't go past the Gary Yamamoto Sugoi Mini Splash popper (50mm), and if that is a bit too noisy for the finicky fish, I switch to a Next One Rise bait (55mm) which is a mini pencil walker.
If a SP is needed I will go a cut down Slider 3" in Clear Gold or Cotton Candy or a Slider Finesse Grub in Red core or Purple Pearl. Both rigged on a light weight J style worm hook, usually a Gamakatsu and often with a Betts Carolina Float reversed to make a popper face.

For wide open areas, I love the larger Sugoi Splash popper (70mm) or the Sugoi Crank Knuckle (65mm) which is a shallow diver, but we tend to use it with the rod tip up high and make the lure more of a wake bait.
For SP presentation again a Slider 3" Grub, but full length and again in Clear Gold or Cotton Candy and rigged usually on a 1/32 jig head to get some distance and worked back like a darter pencil. if I am up a little back water, I often use a pumpkin or Nat Pro Blue 2" curl tail on a 1/64 weedless head, great for getting in tight to mangrove roots etc.

If the fish are deeper, then its on to Sugoi Crank Rodeo which is the same body as a Knuckle but had a deeper bib gets down to 8ft or so. If they are really hugging the bottom, then a Next One Glad Shad wich is only 0mm long in the body but had a bib that is just as long and narrow and gets down to 15ft on a normal cast and retrieve with spin gear. For SP's, it depends on where I am, but normally again a full size Slider 3" grub or a Reaction Innovations Flirt worm (4.95") but rigged on a 1/8 - 1/4 head dependant on current.

Now I am sure there are equally good lures that will do the same, but I used these exclusively when I was repping for the importers of the above, and until such time as I lose the last remaining ones I will keep using them, as I have had great success (and PB's) on them.

NO THIS IS NOT A PAID ADVERTORIAL lol I have often had to resort to bait (gulp) fishing when it gets really tough but I alway go with my confidence lures first.

Brad

PLEASE NOTE>>>the SUGOI AND NEXT ONE lures mentioned are no longer in production...any one that has some of the afore mentioned lures is requested to SEND EM TO MEEEeeeeee bowsmilie
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Schultzy
Expert
Expert

Post by Schultzy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:56 pm

What do I throw at bream?

STONES! lol

oopssmilie
If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops,
Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them

Image Image ImageImage

lure crazy
Guru
Guru

Post by lure crazy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:27 pm

Got to be proud of that effort!!!! bream are picky at the best of times, and to hook up to them on surface lures is awesome! clapclap thumbsupsmilie
Beginner or pro, doesent matter how good you are, fishings a gambling game. Put your lure in the right place at the right time and it will get smashed!
Image "CLICK THE BANNER FOR THE NEW WEBSITE"

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:26 pm

surface strikes with bream is awesome, have had quite a few big bream on my megabass zero's at night time dead calm awesome stuff the big blacks fight hard in shallow water yay

RJFisher
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by RJFisher » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:18 pm

You guys are lucky, its very hard to get a bream on a popper here, the GT's, queenies and red devils keep getting in the way!! nahnah nahnah nahnah assy assy assy lol lol lol

But the Sugoi Splash 2's are good!! thumbsupsmilie

Return to “SURFACE LURES TOPWATER LURES POPPERS ETC”