Re: Witting on poppers

Post by Mully » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:41 am

biggest ive caught was many years ago at Port Victoria 72cm yay yay yay

jardz
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by jardz » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:15 am

cleasr smith towandi cant beat it and the price isnt a problem unless a monster flattie jumps on

tacklerat
Expert
Expert

Post by tacklerat » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:51 pm

jardz wrote:cleasr smith towandi cant beat it and the price isnt a problem unless a monster flattie jumps on
Good Lure But for whiting in wind I would use a popper every time you just cannot get the distance or action in windy conditions with the towadi,fine in calm,cheers

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:23 am

have you used the pop r's used mine once and scored a whiting down a place called the onkaparinga also supposed to be a great bream lure [calm water]
getting rid of my larger ones as there is no need for me to use them anywhere still love the bubble pops and the tiny pop r's bassday make a nice tiny popper also the blue clears are supposed to be fantastic im thinking of getting one as me thinks it may imitate a little baitfish in the sunlight...

tacklerat
Expert
Expert

Post by tacklerat » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:32 am

Mully wrote:have you used the pop r's used mine once and scored a whiting down a place called the onkaparinga also supposed to be a great bream lure [calm water]
getting rid of my larger ones as there is no need for me to use them anywhere still love the bubble pops and the tiny pop r's bassday make a nice tiny popper also the blue clears are supposed to be fantastic im thinking of getting one as me thinks it may imitate a little baitfish in the sunlight...
Yes Mate The Rebel pop Rs especially clear do go well over here,obviously need hook replacement as tend to rust pretty quick( if your not washing them off that is crazysmilie )and does discolour lure,plenty of whiting and bream caught on them I just prefer a bit more casting weight especially workin the flats you can cover more water stiffy poppers and bubble pops would be in front for my fishing,cheers

sunland
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by sunland » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:38 pm

Great photos guys,
what method to you employ for whiting on poppers? A fella at the tackle shop said to keep it moving almost like fishing for pelagics. Do you use short sharp and consistent twitches? also do you target sandflats or weedy areas. I am using the Rebel Pop'r and BubblePops.

jardz
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by jardz » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:31 pm

i like useing a pull pause with cupface poppers and walk the dog with stick minnows (takes a bit of practice with the small ones not as easy a big barra stickbaits)

tacklerat
Expert
Expert

Post by tacklerat » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:25 pm

sunland wrote:Great photos guys,
what method to you employ for whiting on poppers? A fella at the tackle shop said to keep it moving almost like fishing for pelagics. Do you use short sharp and consistent twitches? also do you target sandflats or weedy areas. I am using the Rebel Pop'r and BubblePops.
Hi Everything you have said is spot on target sandflats and weed areas on flats also work the drop off line whiting get there frequently as for retrieve Ive found a constant bloop without stopping does well for me I retrieve a bit faster than the guys I fish with and my catch rate is as good as theres and sometimes better I never pause the lure I keep it coming to me all the time no matter,might miss a few bream that way but hey Im chasin whiting droolsmilie cheers

mearzie
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by mearzie » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:20 pm

went down to my local bonville creek yesterday to try the whiting on poppers thing everyone is raving about at first i wasnt impressed but my mate looked in my box and told me to use a bassday sugar pen i laughed because i was sure it was a mile to big at 70mm after the third cast with the new lure i was rewarded with a 40cm whitting then moments later a 42cm giant but very slender ended the day on a huge high as i got my 45cm 585g whitting witch is my new pb and im now deeply hooked on popping for whiting and sugarpens lol :D

Rupe
Master
Master

Post by Rupe » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:37 pm

mearzie,

bonville's my local too...we should combine our efforts to double our output!
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

Return to “SURFACE LURES TOPWATER LURES POPPERS ETC”