POST up your POPPERS

MR_T
Rookie
Rookie

Re: POST up your POPPERS

Post by MR_T » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:13 pm

Mully wrote:I sacrificed many to the Browns beach sambos in my life yay
that's the exact reason i bought them - haven't given em a swim yet, maybe in a month or two

chukka - you given those freebee timberwolf lures a swim yet? curious to see how they went

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:03 pm

Hey chukka, can I have ya woodchopper?..........................PLEASE? droolsmilie

chukka
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by chukka » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:11 pm

Mr T

Chukked the 'wolf at a floating palm frond one day staming back from outside ' hoping for a late season Mahi Mahi,but no luck zippedsmilie

Went ok for a freebie thumbsupsmilie
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

chukka
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by chukka » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:19 pm

Fizza

Dont tell me i have a lure that you dont shockedsmilie shockedsmilie shockedsmilie

I reckon you may have a couple (of hundred ) lures i would swap with thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie
Seriously they are supposd to be a gret jewie lure.Cant you get your hands on one ???

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:43 pm

Chukka, got quite a few newies on cards along with peacocks, jerk n sams & others I can't remember. Love LJ lures.

Unfortunately they aren't for sale or swap cos as ya probably know they aren't made anymore.

Where to get em is a good question. I may have a spare blue one, dunno. Might also have a spare 6" arbo twin fiz {also timber}

Collectors with them don't like parting with em. Mine are all around 15yrs old from memory as they're dated on packaging plus lures.

Another good alternative is the Poes "hole in one" which is a little shorter than a chopper or alternatively get some made. Dunno about $$$$$ though, would have to find out for ya.

Barra love the big fizzas as well, especially the choppers.

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:09 pm

asbo wrote:Hi all,

1st time post.

Upon viewing all your lovely lures, I was feeling inspired to make myself some poppers . Just wondering what fish might have a crack at surface poppers if I'm fishing in West lakes (South Australia). Prawno may be able to help me here?
Ta people
There isn't many that won't take a surface lure asbo. It's more probably to the point that although increasingly popular these days most anglers haven't tried them on there favourite species.

Myself and a few others I know have been using surface lures on cod for around 20yrs, some longer.

It's only been the last 10yrs they've really taken off.

Nothin to lose by givin em a bash.

chukka
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by chukka » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:42 pm

Fizza

Unfortunately they aren't for sale or swap cos as ya probably know they aren't made anymore.

Ummmm no i did not know that but i do now,thanks fizza i will try and find the card and just put it away now howdy howdy howdy

Zipman

Post by Zipman » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:51 pm

Few from ZipBaits
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:26 pm

droolsmilie droolsmilie droolsmilie forgot the name but the towadi looking one is awesome thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

Zipman

Post by Zipman » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:31 pm

Mully wrote:droolsmilie droolsmilie droolsmilie forgot the name but the towadi looking one is awesome thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie
Not sure which one you mean Mully? from the top Skinny Pop Jr, ZBL Popper, Fakie Dog DS, Fakie Dog Salty, Irony and U.S Irony, I think the one you like is the Fakie Dog DS? all are available in Aus or will be in the near future except the U.S Irony.

Mark

Return to “SURFACE LURES TOPWATER LURES POPPERS ETC”