FISHWEST Lures "Brilliant"

Fizza

FISHWEST Lures "Brilliant"

Post by Fizza » Tue May 27, 2008 7:50 pm

First thing to say about these lures is they are the hardest lures I've ever tried to photograph due to their construction, makeup & brilliant light reflecting qualities.

The same six lures were used in every pic in the same order. The body on these ones is 90mm.

The pics don’t show the true colours of these lures for example the top lure is a redhead with clear transparent body while the bottom is straight clear transparent.

These lures have a 1mm stainless steel plate full length incorporating line tie & hook hangers.

This plate is then moulded over with some sort of plastic resin style material with the googly eyes being stuck to the centre plate.

I believe they were originally produced for super tough species such as the PNG Black Bass and other mean lure destroying predators.

I’d completely forgotten about these until today & these 6 are the different colours I have.

I’ll try and take natural pics to show the true colours & also show the various styles they come in.

Actual Colours top to bottom are Redhead/Clear, Blue, Yellow, Dark Green, Sea Green & Clear.

Chop
Expert
Expert

Post by Chop » Tue May 27, 2008 7:56 pm

They look good fizza, look nice and strong thumbsupsmilie

Chop

Damo

Post by Damo » Tue May 27, 2008 8:43 pm

Very nice indeed are they a casting popper Fizza?
I have a couple of casting poppers which look similar but no where near the quality of those, i could do with a few like that for the salmon slay this winter.. droolsmilie Cheers Damo

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Tue May 27, 2008 9:09 pm

There different alright. 90mm, 46gr sinking and would have to cast like a bullet. Perfect for salmon.

I really don't know that much about them except they were initially made for monster PNG Black bass etc so you'd think for casting. I think quite a lot were exported to specific countries that have hard hitting, hard biting fish. Can't remember the history but they aren't that old, only 5 or 6 yrs old if that. Ozzie lures made in WA.

You'd never kill the blighters i wouldn't think. I've never used any of them and forgot i had em until i pulled a box out looking for something else. Not even sure if they're still available

Here's a couple more pics that look to me like electricity is going through them. These top 2 pics had a bit of flash.

ImageImage

& a diff angle.

Damo

Post by Damo » Wed May 28, 2008 7:20 pm

Mmm sweet...Here is one of the ones i have a copy sort of thing i'd say..I think they are Gilles not sure but the salmon don't mind them..Image

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Wed May 28, 2008 7:29 pm

Damo, I've got mates who fish for Salmon regularly, I don't anymore but they use topwater prop baits or twin fizzas with excellent results.
They rip em fast with a bit of stop start and get a rooster tail working. Worth taking a couple out next time if you've got some. thumbsupsmilie

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Thu May 29, 2008 12:51 am

They are super lookers those Poppers and if they can stand up to PNG bass monsters they will survive anything. I have a copy of PNG Bass on dvd awesome stuff the footage was taken some 20 years ago Those fish are monsters with nasty teeth...

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Thu May 29, 2008 1:15 am

Mully wrote:They are super lookers those Poppers and if they can stand up to PNG bass monsters they will survive anything. I have a copy of PNG Bass on dvd awesome stuff the footage was taken some 20 years ago Those fish are monsters with nasty teeth...
Bloody crazysmilie oright shockedsmilie & also to Africa from memory for the Tiger Fish. Nasty set of nahnah them critters.

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Thu May 29, 2008 11:42 am

Here they are in there natural look along with some different sizes & styles.

I dunno if other styles or sizes were made or very much else apart from what's been said already.

Chop
Expert
Expert

Post by Chop » Thu May 29, 2008 5:29 pm

That bottom one looks like he's got that on his head too stop licking his wounds! lol

Chop

Return to “SURFACE LURES TOPWATER LURES POPPERS ETC”