Splitring Plyers

brolly
Guru
Guru

Splitring Plyers

Post by brolly » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:19 pm

I'm sure i'm not the only lure collector and occasional lure user lol that has tried several types of splitring plyers.Well i tried this type/brand and found them so superior to anything else i've used that i feel i shouid give em a plug.They are available in three sizes and although i bought the small pair locally they didn't have the large size so i bought them direct from the US.This large size makes easy work of fitting some of those larger and extra tough splitrings.They are about $38(Mo Tackle price)which given their quality and in my opinion superior design i think is a very reasonable price. Brolly
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

19rally44
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Re: Splitring Plyers

Post by 19rally44 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:10 pm

hi all,they look to be a nice quality plier, something that can be difficult to find these days. i have 3 pairs all KSK brand from japan excellent pliers,having handled thousands of rings from 3H-10H.Tried to locate another pair,but no luck.Those ones certainly look the goods mike.cheers richard.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:51 pm

Brolly ... great info, must say I've got 3 different pairs and I end up going back to some crappy old beaten faithfuls with no grips left on them, but they work like a dream. Bought some high end Smiths back from Japan, but they just didn't cut-it for ease of use -duh

Also have a micro pair about the size of a pair of tweezers .... awesome for your fine little Jap lures thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Post by Stephen Booth » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:57 am

These are easily the best I've used for normal lures. Bigger lures with bigger trebles need special attention.

About time you got some good pliers (not the spelling Brolly!) old man.

hazmail
Expert
Expert

Post by hazmail » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:15 pm

Rob- me too, I have about 4 pairs, but because I use a lot of No1 rings I could find pliers small enough, so I went to J-Car and bought some electronics type 'needle nose pliers' and made my own, a bit of filing, they work a treat for smaller rings, S/S for about $6.

Pete

Rupe
Master
Master

Post by Rupe » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:25 am

I've got a cheapy pair from F.T.A but just ground down the bulky end to make it finer & this makes all the difference!
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

Return to “FISHING LURE AND TACKLE TIPS AND TRICKS”