Multiple Lure Storage in a Small Tackle Box

Mzuri3
Rookie
Rookie

Multiple Lure Storage in a Small Tackle Box

Post by Mzuri3 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:56 am

If you have ever fished from a sit-in kayak, or waded trout streams, you would realise how essential it is to have minimum tackle in a confined space. Over the years I have sort of resolved the problem by taking only one tackle box, stuffed to the bream with lures and aided by simple small and replaceable rubber bands. Each lure has an easily removable rubber band placed around the hooks then either pulled over the bib, or strapped over the body.

Some may find it annoying, but I swear by it, and you can buy a bag of rubber bands from your local news agents which will last for years. They do perish after time, but they are so simple to replace.

Regards

Robin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Re: Multiple Lure Storage in a Small Tackle Box

Post by Mully » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:48 am

top tip ill be using your idea already got the rubber bands yay

rivermandave

Post by rivermandave » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:43 am

I'm glad that this works for you...but I don't like the hook points being exposed and getting tangled crazysmilie

Here's a topic about tacklebox organization I had started on my HOME fishing forum on the NAFC here in the states. You'll see pics here of stuff a very good friend of mine has with the hook bonnets on them (he got the idea from me with a box of spoons I have)...and although none of my pics shows the bonnets...I have since added bonnets to many of my lures.

http://www.fishingclub.com/forums/afv/t ... 044/afpg/1

For me...it seemed that I ALWAYS get the point of one hook into the top loop of another treble...and that can be maddening to get out sometimes -duh cww

The bonnets also limit the "movement" of lures in compartments...thereby helping to keep the paint job / finish on them pretty decent thumbsupsmilie

Mzuri3
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mzuri3 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:22 pm

Thankyou for your advice River Man Dave, I have used hook bonnets in the past, and your totally correct in their usefulness, but sadly, being a kayak fisherman, I have to cram in as much as I can in small containers, as there is always a day when you don't have the right pattern colour or colour of lure, and I discovered that the bonnets do pose a restriction when cramming.

Your comments are definitely justified, as yes, there is always an occasional prick of a finger, and regrettably the lures are open to all sorts of damage, but for my needs, the rubber bands are extremely effective.

Thank you for pointing out the errors that may occur with my storage method, as I did actually fail to notify others of the consequences, especially the lure collectors.

thumbsupsmilie

Regards

Robin

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:34 pm

ahh there are 2 category's the fishing lures and the collecting lures,On my yak i cram them together also as mentioned space is critical and they are fishing lures.Thanks for the info guys.
I can cram around 60 lures with me now callop sized and also im happy with my setup and i have had the tangle from hell many times not to mention hooks hanging from all sorts

SkyeWarrior
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by SkyeWarrior » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:47 pm

Nice one. I carry far too many lures in the 'yak as well (don't ask how many), but instead of rubber bands use the twist ties that come with freezer bags. Got to keep an eye on them in case one starts to rust though...

Stevo
Today's the day! The sun is shining, the tank is clean and we are getting out of here!!!

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:25 am

honestly of late i have just piled them together in snap lock containers the fridge type and store them in the hull i cut open the tub and made compartments inside the hull so i can store around 200 easy lol
011 [1024x768].JPG
012 [1024x768].JPG

Mzuri3
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mzuri3 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:55 pm

Great ideas fellas, definately handy tips that I shall try.

thumbsupsmilie

Regards

Robin

rivermandave

Post by rivermandave » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:20 am

Mully...maybe you should just tow a dingy behind you with all the lures on there! lol nahnah

This was a great topic by Robin to post thumbsupsmilie clapclap as I'm sure that there are folks that will benefit from the tip bowsmilie

Mzuri3
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mzuri3 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:58 pm

That's a classic River Man Dave, I can just picture it.

lol

Actually, I recall seeing pictures of duck shooters in the USA wading the swamps with a tow line on their belt pulling a small floating capsule type unit for their gear, decoys and ducks. Pretty nifty idea too.

Mully won't need the extra space though, as he has a pretty good looking and decent size yak to stow things.

Robin

Return to “FISHING LURE AND TACKLE TIPS AND TRICKS”