Removing Boat Stickers - Caramel Wheel

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Removing Boat Stickers - Caramel Wheel

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:38 pm

Dunno how many of you have had this problem, but the side of my 5m Hornet looked like a billboard and really a bit of a wank, so I decided to take all the stickers off lol

What I thought would be a peeling exercise ended up with more chemicals and advice from every expert in the business and seriously all I could see was about 2 days of rubbing and scratching to solve the problem -duh -duh -duh

So I took a different tack and asked a car detailer what he would do .... answer, a caramel wheel sawht So I simply outsourced the problem and in no time the damn stickers were off yay

The caramel wheel ended up being a rubber flanged thingy that was on the end of a grinder sort of thing - but it belted the crapper out of the stickers, took the glueoff and didn't impact the paint on the boat at all bowsmilie

Forget the solvents and the heat guns and the elbow grease .... if you have a stubborn sunburt sticker that just won't move - go the caramel wheel thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

Now I wanna put something new on the boat .... it looks horribly bare lol lol
Cheers Rob

simon bruce
Master
Master

Re: Removing Boat Stickers - Caramel Wheel

Post by simon bruce » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:46 pm

Tell the truth Rob, you have commissioned one of those full size stickers in the shape of a deception lure.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:02 pm

simon bruce wrote:Tell the truth Rob, you have commissioned one of those full size stickers in the shape of a deception lure.

Now there's a thought .... a dirty great big Scampi down the side of the boat droolsmilie droolsmilie

Hang-on , surely I mean a 5' Hornet on a 5m Hornet lol lol crazysmilie
Cheers Rob

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:15 pm

What colour would you consider as the stereotypical deception pattern or the one you would choose to represent it if you did stick it on the side of your boat?

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:02 pm

MAD ZUCHINI
muhmuh muhmuh muhmuh
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Return to “FISHING LURE AND TACKLE TIPS AND TRICKS”