Post by barra king » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:17 am

Reel-Nut wrote:Not feeling so stupid after all lol lol lol
Your not a "Reel-Nut " at all... lol lol lol lol crazysmilie crazysmilie

hazmail
Expert
Expert

Re: Lure Storage for Investment !!!

Post by hazmail » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:18 pm

'Reel Nut', my apologies I did not see your post, looks like we are on the same wave crazysmilie .pete

Powelly
tradie
tradie

Post by Powelly » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:49 pm

Rob
Below is a photo of my "investment" lure storage. The box has held up well for about 15 years. Not sure what I'll do if it starts to deteriorate. I've looked around and think that I may have to upgrade to a plastic box. At the moment it's OK and I expect to get a few more years out of it.

Mully offered to sort the lures for me. The thought of a crow-eater ratting through my prized posessions was too much for me, so I removed them from the box, today, photographed them and returned them to their favourite cardboard box (about the only thing that I didn't find was Dr. Who). Maybe I should be more concerned that bullrout knows where I stash the box!

I do have another storage device - might pull that one out tomorrow - it has security locks!

Cheers

Travers
TPLureCollection in box.jpg
TPLureCollection Scorpions.jpg
TPLureCollection Other Lures.jpg
TPLureCollection Newell Lures.jpg
TPLureCollection My Early Lures.jpg
TPLureCollection G Dempster.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TonyM

Post by TonyM » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:10 pm

Very nice Travers droolsmilie

I like the plastic bags and cardboard box setup, part of my state of the art system too! Although my wife spoilt me recently and got me a plastic "chest of drawers" from one of the cheap shops, so it's pretty flash now thumbsupsmilie

If ever you decide to let the George Dempster lures come home to Queensland you know who to contact howdy

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:13 pm

Some very nice lures there. Any chance of enlarging the pics though so we can drool without squinting lol

I am a bit like you guys. Plastic box in the shed. thumbsupsmilie

Powelly
tradie
tradie

Post by Powelly » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:17 pm

Ahhh! Plastic drawers. I didn't think of that. Great idea clapclap

I was going to wait until tomorrow to unveil my second 'storage cabinet' but, Tony, you've forced my hand a little bit earlier than I'd planned. Note the ability to secure the cabinet and prevent lures from being stolen (if only I could find the key!). Note also the vintage of the cabinet (now, we left "Beggan Beggan", Harden in 1972 - it must be ...... very old). Pity it's full of modern plastic lures. Bugger -duh crazysmilie

Cheers

Travers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Powelly
tradie
tradie

Post by Powelly » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:55 pm

two-bob wrote:Some very nice lures there. Any chance of enlarging the pics though so we can drool without squinting lol

I am a bit like you guys. Plastic box in the shed. thumbsupsmilie
Enlarge the pictures?? Bullrout only showed me how to make them smaller, so that they would squeeze on to this forum. Bigger? Is that possible?

I'm using Photobucket to reduce the size of the image, but they all seem to come out the same size. Any suggestions?

Travers

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:34 pm

I take pics at about 1meg each. I open the pics in Paint application then stretch/skew them at 25% original size and save them which ends up around 50-100kb size. This allows them to be uploaded quick and I either use the upload section on here or link them through another webbased photo site.
linked from another site

same pic uploaded on here. 48kb size both.
Ripple Cranks.JPG

hazmail
Expert
Expert

Post by hazmail » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:52 pm

Bob, don't know about the storage but nice little lures you have there- how long are they??pete

Powelly
tradie
tradie

Post by Powelly » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:23 pm

Hey two-bob, I think I'm making progress!

We're probably getting a bit off topic here - except, of course, that these are the lures in storage. We're OK!

Travers

Return to “FISHING LURE AND TACKLE TIPS AND TRICKS”